Friday 22 November 2013

I is for Improvisation!

I was having trouble coming up with ingredients that start with 'I' so instead I thought I would have a go at trying to improvise with what I could find in my pantry and see if I could come up with something tasty... I had just been on the phone to my awesome Nana who asked me what I had been baking lately - the answer to which is not much lately! Between my new job, moving house, and getting a puppy I barely get a chance to sleep. We have had the puppy, Tyrone, for a week now, he has settled in ok but he is one crazy little dude!
Needless to say he needs lots of my time, but he naps for a couple of hours at a time too so I got the chance to raid my cupboards and see what I could do! I haven't given up on the whole 12WBT philosophy, even that says we can have treats every now and then - and this fudge is definitely a sometimes and less is better kind of food ;)



I fudge

200g condensed milk
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp golden syrup
100g dark choc
1 tbsp cacao powder (optional)
1/2 cup oats
1 handful crushed walnuts

Combine condensed milk, coconut oil, golden syrup and dark choc over a low heat in a saucepan. Once melted and combined, stir through oats and cacao powder. Pour into small lined tin (I used a loaf tin) and sprinkle with crushed walnuts. 

Refrigerate. Score after about an hour if you want to make it easier to cut. Serve when set.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Zoe,
    Your blog has caught our attention because of the quality of recipes.

    We would be delighted if you would join us at 'EveryRecipe' so that we could link to it. We send thousands of visitors to our blogs on a weekly basis.
    EveryRecipe is a search engine that compiles the best Australian cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. It is a part of an international cooking search engine MyTaste.com, which is now operating in 40 countries all over the world.

    To join EveryRecipe, just go to

    www.everyrecipe.com.au/add-your-food-blog

    Kind regards,
    EveryRecipe.com.au

    ReplyDelete