Saturday 1 September 2012

12 Week Body Transformation - Week 1 Bloggers Challenge

As part of the 12 Week Body Transformation (Michelle Bridges program) I have signed up for, this was one of our challenges....
1. Describe yourself in less than fifty words. What is it you want us to know about you?
I’m 28, blonde, extremely clumsy. I love wine and food. Mostly wine, actually anything alcohol, which is often dangerous when combined with my clumsiness! I grew up in New Zealand and currently live in Melbourne, but not a day goes by where I dont miss Aotearoa!
2. This program is called a transformation. When you signed up for this round (whether is your ninth round, first round or somewhere in between) what was it about yourself you wanted to transform?
I think I know what I do wrong but I need someone to tell me again to confirm it. I also think when you pay for something you are more likely to do it haha. Its my habits, particularly my drinking, that needs transforming - the rest will just happen :)
3. One of the phrases Michelle Bridges says that has struck a chord with me is that we should be striving to be the best version of ourselves. To me that means we don’t have to change ourselves completely in order to have a successful transformation. What is it about yourself you are happy with right now? It can be related to your mind, body or soul, and of course there may well be more than one thing you are happy with.
I’m so happy and ridiculously in love with my boyfriend, everything about our relationship makes me smile - he is amazing. Although he is not so excited about the calorie counting etc on this program - but has promised his support, which is what matters!
4. What aspect of this program do you think will present you with the toughest challenge. What are you going to focus on to ensure you feel successful at the end of the twelve weeks?
Alcohol. Its empty calories. I was going to try to do the 12 weeks with no alcohol. Week 1 is up and I have had alcohol 5/7 days... not a great start. Promise to myself to do better next week! I will focus on only drinking when its a particular occasion.
5. What is it you look forward to the most in the next twelve weeks?
Seeing the results. Fitting into old clothes, getting comments from people around me. Getting into a bikini. Now theres a scary thought!
6. You’ve now completed at least three days of the program. What has surprised you the most about how you’ve coped with any challenges so far in the twelve weeks?
I had a pretty good pre-season, losing about 5kg, which was awesome! I also had the first 3 days of the program while holidaying in NZ (see pic - me, my sis and a friend - wine in hand as usual....), so was expecting to pack on the kilos but despite the pies, I stayed the same, which is good - all that snowboarding kept it off.
7. Can you describe what you want to see, think and feel when you look in the mirror on Sunday 18th November 2012.
I want to see a happy healthier me. In a bikini! With good habits and a good outlook too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment